Inspired by Vogue and the video series created by Joe Sabia.
1. What are you most excited about these days?
2. What is the best thing that happened this year?
Valuing myself as a person and making positive changes to reflect that.
3. Where do you feel most at home?
In my own space.
4. And who do you feel most at home with?
My best friend, Danielle makes anywhere we go feel like home.
5. Who inspires you?
My Mom for her work ethic; The Bucket List Family for their family values and love of travel; Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World for his role as an educator; and JK Rowling for turning her passion for writing into a self-made empire.
6. Where does one go on a perfect road trip?
7. What is the best activity when home on a rainy day?
8. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be?
A philanthropic billionaire, a storm chaser, or an astronaut.
9. Do you collect anything?
Anytime I visit a new country, I buy a Harry Potter book in their language for myself and for my sister. I also collect post cards and photos from my travels.
10. What’s your favorite exercise?
11. Best way to decompress?
Laying on the couch watching a familiar TV show.
12. What’s your favorite country to visit?
13. Last country you visited?
14. Country you wish to visit?
15. You travel internationally as an English teacher, how do you choose which countries to live?
I look at several opportunities with different schools and I choose the best one. Location is a factor, but ultimately it comes down to the teaching position.
16. What’s your favorite ice-cream?
17. If you could spend the day with anyone in the world, who would it be?
My Grandma, Betty.
18. And what would you do?
Play Scrabble, Uno, and Yahtzee. Watch Lifetime and Unsolved Mysteries. Eat Spaghetti. And talk.
19. If you could go to any concert past or present, what would it be?
Prince, Purple Rain concert.
20. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
21. Favorite fashion trend of all time?
22. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
23. What was the last movie that made you cry?
The Lion King.
24. If you could make a documentary, what would it be about?
Following five working-class millennials living in five different countries to compare and contrast the differences in their lives.
25. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
26. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn?
Life is shorter than you think.
27. What is the best thing that happened to you today?
28. Do you like surprises?
29. How do you know when you’re in love?
You include that person as part of your forever plan.
30. Do you like cupcakes?
31. Do you usually bake cupcakes?
32. What’s your favorite desert?
33. Is there a desert you don’t like?
34. What’s your favorite bakery?
35. What’s your favorite food?
36. It’s brunch, what do you eat?
Cinnamon roll pancakes with well-done hashbrowns on the side and a beermosa. If I’m eating healthy, a vegetable egg white omelette with fruit on the side and an ice-water.
37. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat?
Potatoes, because they can be cooked so many different ways.
38. Favorite color?
39. Favorite superhero?
40. What do you usually order in Starbucks?
41. Who is the last person you texted?
42. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
Real World by Matchbox Twenty.
43. What’s the next book you plan on reading?
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.
44. What do you love in your pizza?
Pepperoni and Italian Sausage.
45. Favorite drink?
Cold water with no ice.
46. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
47. What’s your favorite band?
I don’t have a favorite, but I love ’80s and ’90s alternative bands.
48. Favorite solo artist?
49. Favorite lyrics?
“Chickity China the Chinese chicken, you have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin’; Watching X-Files with no lights on, we’re dans la maison, I hope the Smoking Man’s in this one; Like Harrison Ford I’m getting Frantic, like Sting I’m Tantric, like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy.”
50. Dolphins or koalas?
51. What are three words that describe you?
Thoughtful, creative, and opinionated.
52. What is the meaning of your tattoo?
It’s from my sorority’s crest.
53. What is something you miss about America when living abroad?
The instant gratification.
54. And what do you miss about living abroad while in America?
The constant adventure.
55. How do you like your coffee?
I’ve never had real coffee.
56. Leather or lace?
57. What color of dress did you wear to prom?
White and shear black.
58. Diamonds or pearls?
59. Favorite season?
60. Favorite holiday?
61. Heels or flats?
62. Pilates or yoga?
63. Jogging or swimming?
64. One thing you can’t live without?
65. What’s one cause that’s dear to your heart?
International Human Rights.
66. What’s the best part about being a teacher?
67. What’s your favorite sport?
68. What’s the most Chicagoan thing about you?
My defensive driving skills.
69. What’s your favorite thing to wear?
70. What’s the priciest thing you’ve ever splurged on?
71. Do you play any musical instruments?
Not currently, but I used to play cello and percussion.
72. What is your favorite book of all time?
Tuesdays with Morrie.
73. What is something you always travel with?
My Columbia backpack.